- 480g stewing beef, cut into large chunks
- 400g canned whole peeled tomatoes, pureed in a blender
- 1 stick of celery, chopped finely
- 1 carrot, chopped finely
- 1 white onion, chopped finely
- ½ glass of white or red wine
- 450g spinach, washed and cleaned
- chili pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 30g chopped walnuts
- salt and pepper
Sauté the finely-chopped onion, celery and carrot in a deep frying pan until soft. Add the meat and sear on all sides. Then add the wine and let it evaporate.
When the wine has evaporated add the pureed tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook over a very low heat until the beef is so tender that you can cut it with a fork.
After about two hours, start preparing the spinach tortino. Cook the cleaned spinach in a little water for about 10 minutes. Drain and sauté in a frying pan with extra virgin olive oil and chili pepper for 5 minutes. Divide into four portions and use a small round form to make a spinach tortino - mini flan - for each portion, and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.