- 4 tuna steaks (about 150g each)
- 2 tbsp tomato concentrate
- 200g canned whole peeled tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 25g salted capers, rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and cut into 3 pieces
- 150ml dry white wine
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
Put a little extra virgin olive oil into a large frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic until golden. Then add the tuna steaks and sear on both sides. Add the white wine and let it evaporate and finish cooking the tuna medium-rare. Take the tuna from the pan and set aside.
Add the chopped tomatoes to the onion and garlic, then add the tomato concentrate, the capers and a little chopped parsley. Add a ladleful of warm water and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook gently, covered, for about twelve minutes.
To serve, pour a little of the tomato sauce on a serving dish or individual plates, place the tuna slices on top, garnish with more sauce and a sprinkling of chopped parsley.