- 400g ricotta, beaten until smooth
- 50g toasted almonds, ground
- 250g canned whole peeled tomatoes, cut into dice, salt and leave them to drain in a sieve for 30 minutes.
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- a pinch of oregano
- a bunch of basil leaves, chopped with a few leaves kept aside whole to garnish each serving
- salt and pepper
Cook the drained canned tomatoes in a saucepan until all the water has evaporated.
Blanch the sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute, squeeze and finely chop. Mix the chopped sun-dried tomatoes with the cooked tomatoes in a bowl. Season with a pinch of oregano, salt, pepper and some extra virgin olive oil.
Mix half of the beaten ricotta with the ground toasted almonds. Mix the remaining half of the ricotta with fresh chopped basil, salt and pepper.
Prepare 4 glasses, spread the basil ricotta mixture onto the bottom, then spread the first layer of ricotta with almonds and then the tomato mixture. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.