- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes, or whole peeled tomatoes, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 piece fresh ginger, about 10×5 mm, finely grated or chopped
- 1 green chili, deseeded and chopped
- 45 ml oil
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 kg cabbage, white or savoy, sliced thinly
- salt and chili pepper powder
- fresh coriander, if wished to garnish
Sauté the onion, garlic, ginger and chili in the oil until they soften, then add the turmeric and coriander powder. Stir well, cook together a minute or two.
Next, add the sliced cabbage; cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until the cabbage is about halfway cooked.
Add the o chopped tomatoes, remove the lid, and cook over medium heat until done, stirring every so often.