- 300g canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 350g pasta (short pasta shape of your choice like penne or rigatatoni)
- 100g fresh ricotta, sieved
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a few leaves of fresh basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- mature salted ricotta, grated or shaved
Put the tomatoes, a clove of garlic, a few fresh leaves of basil and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil into a blender jug and blend into a smooth sauce.
Heat the remaining clove of garlic in a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil and remove as soon as it turns golden, then add the tomato sauce, season with salt and cook for about ten minutes over a medium heat.
When the sauce thickens a little, add the sieved fresh ricotta. Leave over a low heat for another 3/4 minutes, turn off the heat, add the fresh basil and cover with a lid.
To stop the ricotta from forming lumps, blend the sauce again.
Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted wate until al dente, drain and dress with the sauce.