- 350g pasta (a shape of your choice like fusillli)
- 200g canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 300g fresh Italian pure pork sausages with fennel seeds
- 1 onion
- a pinch each of chopped chili pepper and parsley
Skin the sausages and crumble them, chop the onion finely and put it in a deep, non-stick frying pan with the olive oil and the crumbled sausages. Sauté for a few minutes.
Add the whole peeled tomatoes to the frying pan crushing them slightly with a fork. Cover and let the sauce cook over a medium heat for about twenty minutes.
In the meantime, bring the water to the boil for the pasta, salt and cook the pasta al dente and drain it, keeping a little pasta water to one side; add the pasta immediately to the frying pan with the sauce and toss. Add a little of the pasta water if the sauce is too thick.