- 400g conchiglioni pasta (large shells, cook in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente and drain
- 300g buffalo ricotta
- 500g canned whole peeled tomatoes
- basil leaves, as needed
- 1 garlic clove, keep whole
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 1 potato, boil in its skin, peel and mash it.
- salt and pepper, to taste
Heat a saucepan over low heat and drizzle with olive oil. Gently fry the garlic and take it out when it is golden. Then add the canned whole peeled tomatoes. Let it simmer on very low heat for at least two hours. Strain the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Mix the ricotta with the mashed potatoes until smooth and creamy, and season with salt.
Cook the pasta shells in plenty of boiling salted water and drain al dente.
Fill each pasta shell with the ricotta mixture.
Mash the basil leaves with a drizzle of olive oil to make a smooth, creamy puree. Keep a few basil leaves to the side.
Serve the dish in individual portions. Put a ladleful of tomato sauce on each plate and place 3 stuffed pasta shells. Garnish with the basil puree, and a few basil leaves on top.